Reasons why you should book a holiday at Merlin Farm
1. Minutes walk to a beautiful beachMerlin Farm is just minutes walk to a beautiful beach. Mawgan Porth has an expanse of golden sands with caves and rock pools to explore and is framed by soft grassy dunes and rugged cliffs. There is also a surf school, beach shops and great places to eat in the village.
2. Tranquillity & SeclusionMerlin Farm's secluded countryside location means that peace and tranquillity can be experienced even in the height of Summer. The perfect escape for city dwellers looking to 'get away from it all'. You can sit outside and enjoy the views of the rolling hills beyond with the sound of the rolling waves behind.
3. Dark SkiesWe are lucky enough to be in a Dark Sky area which means that the Milky Way can be seen on a clear night, as seen in the above picture taken by local photographer Andrew Draycott. There is an official Dark Skies Discovery site at nearby Carnewas/Bedruthan Steps.
4. Wildlife HavenLook out for the resident wildlife; deer, buzzards, badgers and foxes. We have sited Bat and Owl Boxes around the farm so hang around outside at dusk and you will most likely see a bat fly pat and the owl swoop past on it's way to the fields to hunt. They make the most amazing sounds too.
5. Five Beaches within 5 milesThere are 5 beaches within 5 miles of Merlin Farm, plus many more nearby, you can visit a different beach every day of the week! (Picture: Bedruthan Steps)
6. Farm ExperienceExperience life on a Cornish Smallholding with the sound of hens clucking and ducks quacking. Meet friendly farm animals Horace donkey and horse's Holly and Meg. Children are provided with grain to feed the chickens and are welcome to feed the donkey & horses (carrots or apples only). We also offer donkey grooming sessions where children can take home a certificate.
7. Central locationMerlin Farm is centrally located and within close reach of the A30 meaning that everywhere in Cornwall is within a day trip. (picture: Newquay Harbour)
8. A Walkers ParadiseThere are miles of countryside, coastal and woodland walks to explore direct from Merlin Farm. If you love walking then you don't really need to get in your car once you're here.
9. Merlin Farm is very 'green'Electricity is generated via 214 solar PV panels just over the brow of the hill in our bottom field. Our Eco cottages have underfloor heating powered by ground source heat pump and all of our water is heated by solar. We have been awarded a Gold Award by 'Green Tourism' as well as 'Best Green Holiday Home' by the European Holiday Home Association.
10. Food glorious foodThere are a few places to eat within walking distance of Merlin Farm, plus some renowned Cornish restaurants a short drive away (i.e Rick Steins, Jamie Oliver's Fifteen). You can also have home cooked meals delivered to your cottage by 'Angels in the Kitchen'. (Picture: Merrymoor Inn)
11. Spa CentralThere are 2 day spa's within walking distance of Merlin Farm. Enjoy a cliff top hot tub at The Scarlet or gaze out to see from the Bedruthan Spa. Alternately guests can enjoy spa treatments in the comfort of their cottage with 'Glo-Pamper'.
12. Baby FriendlyWe provide lots of baby gear in our cottages including highchair, cot, fireguard, stairgate, plastic crockery & cutlery, potty, step up, baby bath, changing mat, toys & more
13. Dogs WelcomeWe welcome dogs at Merlin Farm for most of the year (except 2 - 22 Aug). The North Coast of Cornwall is very dog friendly in terms of beaches welcoming dogs all year round and lots of dog friendly places to eat. This information can be found on our Dog Friendly Page.
14. Award Winning CottagesFamilies and Couples have been enjoying holidays at Merlin Farm since 2004 (and earlier with the previous family/owners). Don't just take our word for it, check out our 5* reviews on Trip Advisor. We are inspected every year by Quality in Tourism to ensure our cottages retain their star ratings. We have also won many awards over the years and was named in the Independent's top 50 best British escapes.
Merlin Farm is nestled in Countryside just
a short walk from Mawgan Porth Beach